Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router fragmented packet denial of service
|cisco-sn-fragment-dos (7830)||Medium Risk|
Cisco SN 5420 Storage Routers are vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker can send a fragmented packet through the Gigabit interface to cause the router to stop.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router software (1.1(7) or later), as listed in Cisco Security Advisory: 2002 January 09 08:00 (UTC -0800). See References.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 January 09 08:00 (UTC -0800): Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco SN 5420 Storage Routers.
- BID-3833: Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router Fragmented Packet DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1597: Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router 1.1(5) and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (halt) via a fragmented packet to the Gigabit interface.
- OSVDB ID: 15202: Cisco Storage Router Gigabit Interface Fragmented Packet DoS
- US-CERT VU#855195: Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router vulnerable to DoS via fragmented packet sent over Gigabit interface
- Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router 1.1(2)
- Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router 1.1(3)
- Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router 1.1(4)
- Cisco SN 5420 Storage Router 1.1(5)
Jan 09, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this