Apache Wicket unspecified cross-site scripting
|apache-wicket-unspecified-xss (78321)||Medium Risk|
Apache Wicket is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Apache Wicket (1.4.21 or 1.5.8 or later), available from the Apache Wicket Web site. See References.
- Apache Wicket Web Site: Apache Wicket XSS vulnerability.
- BID-55445: Apache Wicket CVE-2012-3373 Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-3373: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Apache Wicket 1.4.x before 1.4.21 and 1.5.x before 1.5.8 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors involving a %00 sequence in an Ajax link URL associated with a Wicket app.
- OSVDB ID: 85249: Apache Wicket Unspecified XSS
- SA50555: Apache Wicket Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Apache Wicket 1.4.18
- Apache Wicket 1.4.19
- Apache Wicket 1.4.20
Sep 06, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.