CacheOS incecure Web interface could allow a remote attacker to view sensitive information
|cachos-insecure-web-interface (7835)||Medium Risk|
CacheOS could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information from Web caching devices. If a remote attacker connects to the CacheOS Web interface listening on port 8081 and sends a specially-crafted GET request, sensitive information that is being transferred through the cache at the time of the attack may be displayed. This information could include usernames and passwords, form contents, and other sensitive information that could be used to compromise the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of CacheOS for your CacheFlow device, as listed in the BugTraq Mailing List posting dated Feb 5 2002 8:25AM. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:25:06 CST: RE: svindel.net security advisory - web admin vulnerability in Ca cheOS.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 08 2002 - 16:14:59 CST: svindel.net security advisory - web admin vulnerability in CacheOS.
- CacheFlow Web site: Software Download Site.
- BID-3841: Cacheflow CacheOS Web Administration Arbitrary Cached Page Code Leakage Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0107: Web administration interface in CacheFlow CacheOS 4.0.13 and earlier allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via a series of GET requests that do not end in with HTTP/1.0 or another version string, which causes the information to be leaked in the error message.
- OSVDB ID: 2020: Cacheflow CacheOS Web Administration Arbitrary Cached Page Code Leakage
- OSVDB ID: 4988: CacheFlow CacheOS GET Information Disclosure
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.02
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.03
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.04
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.05
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.06
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.07
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.08
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.09
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.10
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.11
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.12
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.13
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.14
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.15
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.16
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.17
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.18
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.19
- BlueCoat CacheOS 3.1.20
- BlueCoat CacheOS 4.0.11
- BlueCoat CacheOS 4.0.12
- BlueCoat CacheOS 4.0.13
- BlueCoat CacheOS
Jan 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this