Real Networks RealPlayer AAC stream data buffer overflow
|realplayer-aac-data-bo (78384)||High Risk|
Real Networks RealPlayer is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when unpacking AAC stream data. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of RealPlayer (22.214.171.124 or later), available from the RealNetworks Web site. See References.
- RealNetworks, Inc. Web site: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities..
- BID-55473: RealPlayer Multiple Memory Corruption and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2407: Buffer overflow in RealNetworks RealPlayer before 126.96.36.199, RealPlayer SP 1.0 through 1.1.5, and Mac RealPlayer before 188.8.131.520 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted AAC file that is not properly handled during stream-data unpacking.
- SA50566: RealPlayer Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA50580: Mac RealPlayer Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Real RealPlayer for Mac OS X 184.108.40.2061
- Realnetworks RealPlayer 220.127.116.11
Sep 07, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.