Allaire Forums! could allow an attacker to post messages as another user
|allaire-forums-message-spoofing (7841)||Low Risk|
Forums! could allow a remote attacker to post messages as another user. A remote attacker can save the form locally and change the hidden form values for the username and email address to impersonate other users when posting messages.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 08 2002 - 17:06:00 CST: Allaire Forums Vulnerability.
- Macromedia/Allaire Forums 2.0 Web site: Allaire Forums Now Open Source.
- BID-3827: Forums! Insecure User Validation Message Posting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0108: Allaire Forums 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 and Forums! 3.0 and 3.1 allows remote authenticated users to spoof messages as other users by modifying the hidden form fields for the name and e-mail address.
- OSVDB ID: 6633: Allaire Forums Hidden Field Modification User Spoofing
- US-CERT VU#575619: Allaire Forums does not verify user information stored in hidden form fields
- Allaire Forums! 3.1 and prior
Jan 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this