Subrion CMS multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|subrioncms-multiplescripts-xss (78468)||Medium Risk|
Subrion CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using multiple fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Subrion CMS (2.2.2 or later), available from the Subrion CMS Web site. See References.
- Packetstorm Security Website: Subrion CMS 2.2.1 Cross Site Scripting.
- Subrion CMS Web Site: Open Source Content Management System, PHP Open Source CMS, PHP CMS :: Open Source CMS, Auto Classified Script, Real Estate Classified, PHP Yellow Pages Script.
- ZSL-2012-5105: Subrion CMS 2.2.1 Multiple Remote XSS POST Injection Vulnerabilities.
- BID-55502: Subrion CMS Multiple Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2011-5211: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the poll module in Subrion CMS 2.0.4 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the title field. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information. NOTE: this might overlap CVE-2012-5452.
- SA44917: Subrion CMS username SQL Injection Vulnerability
- Subrion Subrion CMS 2.2.1
Sep 11, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.