Apple iTunes WebKit CVE-2012-3673 code execution
|apple-itunes-webkit-cve20123673 (78539)||High Risk|
An error in Apple iTunes related to memory corruption in WebKit could allow an attacker to cause an application crash or execute arbitrary code on the system.
Refer to Apple Article: HT5485 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Apple KB HT5485: About the security content of iTunes 10.7.
- Apple KB HT5502: About the security content of Safari 6.0.1.
- Apple KB HT5503: About the security content of iOS 6.
- BID-55534: WebKit Multiple Unspecified Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-3673: WebKit, as used in Apple iTunes before 10.7, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and application crash) via a crafted web site, a different vulnerability than other WebKit CVEs listed in APPLE-SA-2012-09-12-1.
- OSVDB ID: 85372: Apple iTunes WebKit Website Handling Unspecified Memory Corruption (2012-3673)
- SA50577: Apple Safari for Mac OS X Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA50586: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple iOS 5 iPad
- Apple iOS 5 iPhone
- Apple iOS 5 iPod touch
- Apple iTunes 10
- Apple Safari 6.0
Sep 12, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.