IBM InfoSphere Information Server multiple cross-site scripting
|infosphere-is-multiple-xss (78666)||Medium Risk|
IBM InfoSphere Information Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1623501 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1623501: Multiple security vulnerabilities in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite.
- CVE-2012-4819: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in InfoSphere Business Glossary 8.1.1 and 8.1.2, InfoSphere DataStage Operation Console, InfoSphere Administration, and Reporting and Repository Management Web Console in IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1, 8.5 before FP3, and 8.7 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- SA51985: IBM InfoSphere Information Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary 8.1.1
- IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary 8.1.2
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.5
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.7
Jan 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.