Cisco Secure Desktop WebLaunch code execution
|securedesktop-weblaunch-code-execution (78677)||High Risk|
Cisco Secure Desktop could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by improper input validation on ActiveX and Java components that perform the WebLaunch functionality. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site.
Refer to cisco-sa-20120620-ac for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20120620-ac: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client .
- BID-55606: Cisco Secure Desktop CVE-2012-4655 Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4655: The WebLaunch feature in Cisco Secure Desktop before 3.6.6020 does not properly validate binaries that are received by the downloader process, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via vectors involving (1) ActiveX or (2) Java components, aka Bug IDs CSCtz76128 and CSCtz78204.
- SA50669: Cisco Secure Desktop WebLaunch Vulnerability
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 2.5
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0
- Cisco Secure Desktop 3.1
- Cisco Secure Desktop 3.2
- Cisco Secure Desktop 3.4
- Cisco Secure Desktop 3.5
Sep 19, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.