Apache Qpid broker denial of service
|apache-qpid-broker-dos (78730)||High Risk|
Apache Qpid is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in broker when handling multiple client connections. By flooding the system with an overly large number of incomplete connections, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the broker to stop responding.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Apache Web Site: Qpid.
- QPID-4021: Badly behaved clients can still clog up the broker .
- Red Hat Web Site: Enterprise MRG.
- BID-55608: Apache Qpid (qpidd) Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2145: Apache Qpid 0.17 and earlier does not properly restrict incoming client connections, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (file descriptor consumption) via a large number of incomplete connections.
- RHSA-2012-1269: Moderate: qpid security, bug fix, and enhancement update
- RHSA-2012-1277: Moderate: Red Hat Enterprise MRG Messaging 2.2 update
- SA50573: Apache Qpid Incomplete Client Connection Handling Broker Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Apache Qpid 0.17
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6
- RedHat Enterprise Linux HPC Node 6
May 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.