Web Server 4D/eCommerce "dot dot" directory traversal
|ws4d-dot-directory-traversal (7878)||Medium Risk|
Web Server 4D/eCommerce could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker can send a specially-crafted URL request containing "dot dot" sequences with hexadecimal URL encoded forward slash characters (/) (in the form %2f..%2f) to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the Web server.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 14 2002 - 16:35:59 CST: Web Server 4D/eCommerce 3.5.3 Directory Traversal Vulnerability.
- MDG Web site: Web Server 4D 3.5.3.
- BID-3872: MDG Computer Services 4D/eCommerce Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- BID-3874: MDG Computer Services Web Server 4D/eCommerce DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0124: MDG Computer Services Web Server 4D/eCommerce 3.5.3 allows remote attackers to exploit directory traversal vulnerability via a ../ (dot dot) containing URL-encoded slashes in the HTTP request.
- OSVDB ID: 14252: Web Server 4D/eCommerce Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- MDG Web Server 4D/eCommerce 3.5.3
Jan 14, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this