Web Server 4D/eCommerce long URL denial of service
|ws4d-long-url-dos (7879)||Medium Risk|
Web Server 4D/eCommerce is vulnerable to a denial of service attack caused by a buffer overflow. By sending a URL request to the server appended with a character string containing 2500 bytes or more, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 14 2002 - 16:35:59 CST: Web Server 4D/eCommerce 3.5.3 DoS Vulnerability.
- MDG Web site: Web Server 4D 3.5.3.
- BID-3874: MDG Computer Services Web Server 4D/eCommerce DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0123: MDG Computer Services Web Server 4D WS4D/eCommerce 3.0 and earlier, and possibly 3.5.3, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary commands via a long HTTP request.
- OSVDB ID: 5370: MDG Computer Services Web Server 4D (WS4D)/eCommerce HTTP Request Overflow DoS
- MDG Web Server 4D/eCommerce 3.5.3
Jan 14, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this