Google Chrome CVE-2012-2889 UXSS in frame handling
|google-chrome-cve20122889 (78823)||Medium Risk|
An error in Google Chrome related to UXSS in frame handling could allow a remote attacker to conduct cross-site scripting attacks by persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site.
Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome (22.0.1229.79 or later), available from the Google Chrome Web site. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of iOS 6.1 Software Update.
- Apple Web site: About the security content of Safari 6.0.3.
- Google Chrome Releases Blog, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | 10:51: Stable Channel Update 26.
- BID-55676: Google Chrome Prior to 22.0.1229.79 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2889: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Google Chrome before 22.0.1229.79 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors involving frames, aka Universal XSS (UXSS).
- SA50759: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple iOS 5 iPod touch
- Apple iOS 5 iPhone
- Apple iOS 5 iPad
- Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
- Apple Mac OS X Lion 10.8.2
- Apple Mac OS X Lion Server 10.7.5
- Google Chrome 21
Sep 25, 2012
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.