Google Chrome CVE-2012-2894 crash in graphics context handling
|google-chrome-cve20122894 (78830)||Medium Risk|
An error in Google Chrome related to crash in graphics context handling could allow a remote attacker to cause an application crash by persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome (22.0.1229.79 or later), available from the Google Chrome Web site. See References.
- Google Chrome Releases Blog, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | 10:58: Stable Channel Update 33.
- BID-55676: Google Chrome Prior to 22.0.1229.79 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2894: Google Chrome before 22.0.1229.79 does not properly handle graphics-context data structures, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 85770: Google Chrome Graphics Context Handling DoS
- SA50759: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Google Chrome 21
Sep 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this