Google Chrome CVE-2012-2874 out-of-bounds write in Skia
|google-chrome-cve20122874 (78835)||High Risk|
An error in Google Chrome related to out-of-bounds write in Skia could allow a remote attacker to possibly execute arbitrary code or cause an application crash by persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site.
Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome (22.0.1229.79 or later), available from the Google Chrome Web site. See References.
- Google Chrome Releases Blog, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 | 10:63: Stable Channel Update 38.
- BID-55676: Google Chrome Prior to 22.0.1229.79 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2874: Skia, as used in Google Chrome before 22.0.1229.79, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via vectors that trigger an out-of-bounds write operation, a different vulnerability than CVE-2012-2883.
- OSVDB ID: 85766: Google Chrome Skia Out-of-bounds Write Unspecified Remote Code Execution (2012-2874)
- SA50759: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Google Chrome 21
Sep 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this