Alcatel SpeedTouch Home ADSL modems nmap OS detection scan denial of service
|alcatel-speedtouch-nmap-dos (7893)||Medium Risk|
Alcatel SpeedTouch Home ADSL modems are vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker performs an nmap scan with OS detection activated of a host running a vulnerable modem, the attacker can cause the modem to reboot.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:52:04 CST: Bug in alcatel speed touch home adsl modem.
- BID-3851: Alcatel Speed Touch Home ADSL Unauthorized Remote Restart Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0119: Alcatel Speed Touch Home ADSL Modem allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (reboot) via a network scan with unusual packets, such as nmap with OS detection.
- OSVDB ID: 11732: Alcatel Speed Touch Home ADSL Modem Malformed Port Scan DoS
- Alcatel Speed Touch ADSL modem
Jan 11, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this