openCryptoki file symlink
|opencryptoki-file-symlink (78943)||Medium Risk|
Description:openCryptoki could allow a local attacker to launch a symlink attack. Temporary files are created insecurely. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a symbolic link from the /var/tmp temporary file to various files on the system, which could allow the attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system with elevated privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of openCryptoki (2.4.2 or later), available from the openCryptoki Web site. See References.
- openCryptoki Web site: openCryptoki.
- oss-security: Raphael Geissert | 6 Sep: CVE request: opencryptoki insecure lock files handling .
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 730636: CVE-2012-4454 CVE-2012-4455 opencryptoki: insecure handling of files in the /tmp directory.
- BID-55627: openCryptoki Multiple Insecure File Creation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-4455: openCryptoki 2.4.1 allows local users to create or set world-writable permissions on arbitrary files via a symlink attack on the (1) LCK..opencryptoki or (2) LCK..opencryptoki_stdll file in /var/lock/.
- SA50702: openCryptoki Insecure Temporary File Security Issue
- openCryptoki openCryptoki 2.4.1
Sep 27, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.