IBM Cognos Business Intelligence extended function XPath injection
|cognos-bi-fct-xpath-injection (79116)||Medium Risk|
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) is vulnerable to XPath injection, caused by the improper validation of input prior to using it in a XPath (XML Path Language) query. By injecting arbitrary XPath code, a remote unauthenticated attacker could call any registered XPath extension function.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1626697 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1626697: Multiple vulnerabilities in IBM Cognos BI 8.4.1,10.1, 10.1.1 and 10.2 (CVE-2011-3026, CVE-2011-4858, CVE-2012-0498, CVE-2012-2177, CVE-2012-2193, CVE-2012-4835, CVE-2012-4836, CVE-2012-4837, CVE-2012-4840, CVE-2012-4858, CVE-2012-5081).
- CVE-2012-4840: IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (BI) 8.4.1 before IF1, 10.1 before IF2, 10.1.1 before IF2, and 10.2 before IF1 allows remote attackers to conduct XPath injection attacks, and call XPath extension functions, via unspecified vectors.
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1.1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.1
Feb 27, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.