Avirt Gateway Suite Telnet proxy could allow unauthorized access
|avirt-gateway-telnet-access (7915)||High Risk|
The Avirt Gateway Suite could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized system access, caused by a vulnerability in the telnet proxy. A remote attacker can Telnet to the Telnet proxy listening on port 23 and browse system files and folders or access the DOS command prompt without requiring any type of authentication.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Avirt Web site: Avirt Internet Sharing.
- Strumpf Noir Society Advisory January 17, 2002: Avirt Gateway Suite Remote SYSTEM Level Compromise.
- BID-3901: Avirt Gateway Suite Telnet Proxy Remote SYSTEM Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0134: Telnet proxy in Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2 does not require authentication for connecting to the proxy system itself, which allows remote attackers to list file contents of the proxy and execute arbitrary commands via a dos command.
- OSVDB ID: 6803: Avirt Gateway Suite Telnet Proxy Arbitrary Command Execution
- Inari Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2
Jan 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this