Avirt SOHO, Gateway, and Gateway Suite HTTP proxy buffer overflow
|avirt-http-proxy-bo (7916)||High Risk|
Avirt SOHO, Gateway, and Gateway Suite is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the HTTP proxy, caused by improper bounds checking of header fields in HTTP GET requests. By sending a specially-crafted GET request containing a header field of over 2319 bytes to the HTTP proxy service, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and crash the system or execute arbitrary code on the system with elevated privileges.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- Avirt Web site: Avirt Internet Sharing.
- Strumpf Noir Society Advisory January 17, 2002: Avirt Proxy Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities.
- BID-3904: Avirt Gateway Suite HTTP Proxy Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-3905: Avirt Gateway Suite Telnet Proxy Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0133: Buffer overflows in Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via (1) long header fields to the HTTP proxy, or (2) a long string to the telnet proxy.
- Inari Avirt Gateway 4.2
- Inari Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2
- Inari Avirt SOHO 4.2
Jan 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this