Language Search component for Joomla! unspecified cross-site scripting
|languagesearch-unspecified-xss (79171)||Medium Risk|
Language Search component for Joomla! is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by an unspecified script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to  - Core - XSS Vulnerability for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Joomla Web Site: Joomla 3.0.1 Released.
- Joomla! Web Site: Joomla 3.0.1 Released.
- The Joomla! Developer Network 20121001: Core - XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-55858: Joomla! 'language search' Component Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5455: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the language search component in Joomla! before 3.0.1 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, related to a typographical error.
- SA50879: Joomla! Language Search Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Joomla! Joomla! 3.0.0
Oct 09, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.