Cisco Firewall Services Module DCERPC denial of service
|cisco-fwsm-dcerpc-dos (79174)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM) is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error within the DCERPC inspection engine. By sending specially-crafted DCERPC packets, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the device to reload.
Denial of Service
Refer to cisco-sa-20121010-fwsm for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20121010-fwsm: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco Firewall Services Module .
- BID-55862: Multiple Cisco Products Multiple Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-4662: The DCERPC inspection engine on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) 5500 series devices, and the ASA Services Module (ASASM) in Cisco Catalyst 6500 series devices, with software 8.3 before 8.3(2.25), 8.4 before 8.4(2.5), and 8.5 before 8.5(1.13) and the Firewall Services Module (FWSM) 4.1 before 4.1(7) in Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches and 7600 series routers allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (device reload) via a crafted DCERPC packet, aka Bug IDs CSCtr21376 and CSCtr27524.
- OSVDB ID: 86147: Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM) DCERPC Inspection Engine Transit DCERPC Traffic Parsing Remote DoS (2012-4662)
- SA50857: Cisco Firewall Services Module DCERPC Three Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Firewall Services Module 3.1
- Cisco Firewall Services Module 3.2
- Cisco Firewall Services Module 4.0
- Cisco Firewall Services Module 4.1
Oct 10, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.