Avirt SOHO, Gateway, and Gateway Suite Telnet proxy buffer overflow
|avirt-telnet-proxy-bo (7918)||High Risk|
Avirt SOHO, Gateway, and Gateway Suite is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the Telnet proxy, caused by improper bounds checking of user-supplied input. By connecting to the Telnet proxy and sending a command containing 2000 bytes or more, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and crash the system or execute arbitrary code on the system with system level privileges.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:17:53 CST: Avirt Gateway 4.2 remote buffer overflow: proof of concept.
- Strumpf Noir Society Advisory January 18, 2002: Avirt Gateway Telnet Vulnerability (and more?).
- BID-3904: Avirt Gateway Suite HTTP Proxy Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- BID-3905: Avirt Gateway Suite Telnet Proxy Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0133: Buffer overflows in Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via (1) long header fields to the HTTP proxy, or (2) a long string to the telnet proxy.
- Inari Avirt Gateway 4.2
- Inari Avirt Gateway Suite 4.2
- Inari Avirt SOHO 4.2
Jan 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this