Fedora Dracut package initramfs images information disclosure
|dracut-initramfs-information-disclosure (79258)||Low Risk|
The Fedora Dracut package could allow a local attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the creation of initramfs images with world-readable permissions. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- FedoraProject Web Site: Dracut - FedoraProject.
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 859448 : CVE-2012-4453 dracut: Creates initramfs images with world-readable permissions (information disclosure).
- BID-55713: Fedora 'Dracut' Package Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4453: dracut.sh in dracut, as used in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Fedora 16 and 17, and possibly other products, creates initramfs images with world-readable permissions, which might allow local users to obtain sensitive information.
- RHSA-2013-1674: Moderate: dracut security, bug fix, and enhancement update
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6
- RedHat Enterprise Linux HPC Node 6
- RedHat Fedora 16
- RedHat Fedora 17
Sep 29, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.