Netopia Timbuktu Pro multiple connection denial of service
|timbuktu-multiple-conn-dos (7935)||Medium Risk|
Timbuktu is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker makes a large number of connections to one of the Timbuktu ports, the attacker can cause all other ports to close, which would cause the Timbuktu service to fail. The program must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 17 2002 - 19:22:23 CST: Timbuktu 6.0.1 and Older DoS Advisory.
- Netopia, Inc. Web site: Timbuktu Pro Remote Control Software.
- BID-3918: Netopia Timbuktu Pro Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0135: Netopia Timbuktu Pro 6.0.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a series of connections to one of the ports (1417 - 1420).
- OSVDB ID: 11971: Motorola Timbuktu Pro Port Connection Saturation DoS
- Netopia Timbuktu Pro 6.0.1 and prior
Jan 18, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this