Subrion CMS id and group parameters cross-site scripting
|subrioncms-id-group-xss (79468)||Medium Risk|
Subrion CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the id and group parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Subrion CMS (2.2.3 or later), available from the Subrion CMS Web site. See References.
- HTB23113: Multiple vulnerabilties in Subrion CMS.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [10-22-2012]: Subrion CMS 2.2.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Packetsorm Security Website: Subrion CMS 2.2.1 XSS / CSRF / SQL Injection.
- Subrion CMS Web Site: Subrion CMS.
- BID-56101: Subrion CMS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-4771: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Subrion CMS before 2.2.3 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the id parameter to (1) admin/accounts/, (2) admin/manage/, or (3) admin/manage/blocks/edit/; or (4) group parameter to admin/configuration/. NOTE: The f[accounts][fullname] and f[accounts][username] vectors are covered in CVE-2012-5452.
- SA51013: Subrion CMS Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection vulnerabilities
- Subrion Subrion CMS 2.2.1
Oct 18, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.