Kish Guest Posting plugin for WordPress uploadify file upload
|wp-kishguest-uploadify-file-upload (79563)||Medium Risk|
Kish Guest Posting plugin for WordPress could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the uploadify.php script. By sending a direct request using the folder parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Kish Guest Posting plugin (1.2 or later), available from the Kish Guest Posting plugin Web site. See References.
- Kish Guest Posting plugin for WordPress Web Site: Kish Guest Posting plugin for WordPress.
- Kish Guest Posting Plugin Web Site: Kish Guest Posting Plugin.
- BID-51638: WordPress Guest Posting Plugin 'uploadify.php' Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1125: Unrestricted file upload vulnerability in uploadify/scripts/uploadify.php in the Kish Guest Posting plugin before 1.2 for WordPress allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by uploading a file with a PHP extension, then accessing it via a direct request to the file in the directory specified by the folder parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 78479: Kish Guest Posting Plugin for WordPress File Upload Remote PHP Code Execution
- SA47688: WordPress Kish Guest Posting Plugin Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- KishPress Guest Posting Plugin 1.0
- KishPress Guest Posting Plugin 1.1
- WordPress WordPress
Oct 24, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.