Cyberstop Easy Webserver MS-DOS device name request denial of service
|cyberstop-device-name-dos (7959)||Medium Risk|
Cyberstop Easy Webserver is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker sends a specially-crafted URL request to the Web server appended with an MS-DOS device name, the attacker can cause the Web server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 22 2002 - 17:01:57 CST: CyberStop-Server-DoS-remote-attacks.
- Cyberstop Web site: Cyberstop.
- BID-3929: Cyberstop Web Server MS-DOS Device Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0200: Cyberstop Web Server for Windows 0.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via an HTTP request for an MS-DOS device name.
- OSVDB ID: 11346: Cyberstop Web Server MS-DOS Device HTTP Request DoS
- Cyberstop Cyberstop Easy Webserver 0.1
Jan 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this