Caldera UnixWare and OpenUnix Webtop cgi scripts command execution
|unixware-webtop-execute-commands (7977)||High Risk|
Caldera UnixWare could allow a local attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by a vulnerability in several Webtop setuid CGI scripts. A local attacker could use the -c command-line option to load a malicious program onto the system, which would be executed on the system with root privileges once the program is executed with either the scoadminreg.cgi or service_action.cgi scripts.
Apply the erg711951b.Z patch, as listed in Caldera International, Inc. Security Advisory CSSA-2002-SCO.6. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jan 20 2002 - 17:30:16 CST: Unixware 7.1.1 scoadminreg.cgi local exploit.
- Caldera International, Inc. Security Advisory CSSA-2002-SCO.6: Open UNIX, UnixWare 7: webtop setuid script vulnerability.
- BID-3936: Caldera UnixWare WebTop SCOAdminReg.CGI Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0311: Vulnerability in webtop in UnixWare 7.1.1 and Open UNIX 8.0.0 allows local and possibly remote attackers to gain root privileges via shell metacharacters in the -c argument for (1) in scoadminreg.cgi or (2) service_action.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 9332: Open UNIX/UnixWare webtop scoadminreg.cgi -c Argument Privilege Escalation
- OSVDB ID: 9333: Open UNIX/UnixWare webtop service_action.cgi -c Argument Privilege Escalation
- SCO Caldera OpenUnix 8.0.0
- SCO Caldera UnixWare 7.1.1
Jan 20, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this