Pattern Insight Keyword Search page cross-site scripting
|pattern-insight-keyword-search-xss (79787)||Medium Risk|
Pattern Insight is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the Keyword Search page to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Pattern Insight Web site: Now You Can Stop Releasing Previously Fixed Bugs.
- BID-56381: Pattern Insight Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-4950: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Keyword Search page in the web interface in Pattern Insight 2.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via crafted characters that are not properly handled during construction of error messages.
- OSVDB ID: 87053: Pattern Insight Keyword Search XSS
- SA51203: Pattern Insight Code Assurance Cross-Site Scripting and Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
- US-CERT VU#802596: Pattern Insight multiple vulnerabilities
- Pattern Insight Pattern Insight
Nov 02, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.