CwpAPI GetRelativePath() function allows an attacker to view files
|cwpapi-getrelativepath-view-files (7981)||Low Risk|
Comprehensive Web Programming API (CwpAPI) contains a vulnerability regarding insufficient path checking in the GetRelativePath() function in CwpAPI could allow a remote attacker to view files outside the Web root directory.
Upgrade to the latest version of CwpAPI (1.1.1 or later), available from the SourceForge Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Jan 22 2002 - 07:40:10 CST: (Repost) CwpApi : GetRelativePath() returns invalid paths (security advisory).
- SourceForge.net: Project: Comprehensive Web Programming API.
- BID-3924: ACD CwpAPI Relative Path Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0196: GetRelativePath in ACD Incorporated CwpAPI 1.1 only verifies if the server root is somewhere within the path, which could allow remote attackers to read or write files outside of the web root, in other directories whose path includes the web root.
- OSVDB ID: 2031: ACD CwpAPI Relative Path Validation
- Ryan M Harris CwpAPI prior to 1.1.1
Jan 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this