Sophos Antivirus HTML code cross-site scripting
|sophos-html-code-xss (79815)||Medium Risk|
Sophos Antivirus is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the the Layered Service Provider (LSP) block page priot to being returned to the user. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the XXXXXXX parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to Sophos Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Nov 05 2012 - 09:14:17 CST: multiple critical vulnerabilities in sophos products.
- cisco-sa-20121108-sophos: Cisco Ironport Appliances Sophos Anti-Virus Vulnerabilities.
- EDB-ID: 22509: Sophos Products - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- Packet Storm Web site: Sophos 8.0.6 PDF Revision 3 Encryption Exploit.
- Sophos Web site: Sophos.
- BID-56401: Sophos Antivirus Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- SA51156: Sophos Anti-Virus Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA51197: Cisco IronPort Web / Email Security Appliance Sophos Anti-Virus Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Ironport Email Security Appliances 7.x
- Cisco IronPort Web Security Appliance 7.x
- Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus 10.x
- Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus 9.x
- Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X 8.x
- Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus for Unix 4.x
Nov 06, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.