Apache Axis SSL spoofing
|apache-axis-ssl-spoofing (79829)||Medium Risk|
Apache Axis 1.4, as used in multiple products, could allow a remote attacker to conduct spoofing attacks, caused by the failure to verify that the server hostname matches a domain name in the subject's Common Name (CN) field of the X.509 certificate. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using man-in-the-middle techniques to spoof an SSL server and launch further attacks against a vulnerable target.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system. See References.
- Apache Web site: Axis.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1691655: A vulnerability in Apache Axis affects IBM Cognos Metrics Manager (CVE-2012-5784).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1692267: IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-3566, CVE-2014-6145, CVE-2014-1568, CVE-2014-4263, CVE-2012-5784, CVE-2014-3513, CVE-2014-3567 and CVE-2014-3568)..
- BID-56408: Apache Axis and Axis2/Java SSL Certificate Validation Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5784: Apache Axis 1.4 and earlier, as used in PayPal Payments Pro, PayPal Mass Pay, PayPal Transactional Information SOAP, the Java Message Service implementation in Apache ActiveMQ, and other products, does not verify that the server hostname matches a domain name in the subject's Common Name (CN) or subjectAltName field of the X.509 certificate, which allows man-in-the-middle attackers to spoof SSL servers via an arbitrary valid certificate.
- RHSA-2013-0269: Moderate: axis security update
- RHSA-2013-0683: Moderate: axis security update
- SA51219: Apache Axis SSL Certificate Verification Security Issue
- Apache Activemq
- Apache Axis 1.0 rc1
- Apache Axis 1.0 rc2
- Apache Axis 1.0 Beta
- Apache Axis 1.0
- Apache Axis 1.1 rc2
- Apache Axis 1.1 rc1
- Apache Axis 1.1 Beta
- Apache Axis 1.1
- Apache Axis 1.2
- Apache Axis 1.2 rc2
- Apache Axis 1.2 rc1
- Apache Axis 1.2 Beta3
- Apache Axis 1.2 rc3
- Apache Axis 1.2 Beta1
- Apache Axis 1.2 Alpha
- Apache Axis 1.2 Beta2
- Apache Axis 1.2.1
- Apache Axis 1.3
- Apache Axis 1.4
- Apache Axis Beta1
- Apache Axis Alpha3
- Apache Axis Alpha1
- Apache Axis Beta2
- Apache Axis Beta3
- Apache Axis Alpha2
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.1.1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.2
- Paypal Mass Pay
- Paypal Payments Pro
- Paypal Transactional Information Soap
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client Workstation
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 Client
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Workstation
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 Server
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop 6
- RedHat Enterprise Linux HPC Node 6
Nov 06, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.