Adobe Flash Player code execution
|adobe-cve20125279-code-exec (79850)||High Risk|
Adobe Flash Player, as bundled in multiple products, and Adobe Air could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted document, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to corrupt memory and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to APSB12-24 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Google Chrome:
Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome (23.0.1271.64 or later), available from the Google Chrome Releases Web site. See References.
Refer to Microsoft Security Advisory (2755801) for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB12-24: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player.
- Google Chrome Releases Web site: Stable Channel Release and Beta Channel Update.
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2755801): Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10.
- BID-56554: Adobe Flash Player and AIR CVE-2012-5279 Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5279: Adobe Flash Player before 10.3.183.43 and 11.x before 11.5.502.110 on Windows and Mac OS X, before 10.3.183.43 and 11.x before 188.8.131.52 on Linux, before 184.108.40.206 on Android 2.x and 3.x, and before 220.127.116.11 on Android 4.x; Adobe AIR before 18.104.22.1680; and Adobe AIR SDK before 22.214.171.1240 allow attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via unspecified vectors.
- RHSA-2012-1431: Critical: flash-plugin security update
- SA51186: Red Hat update flash-plugin
- SA51207: Microsoft Windows Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA51210: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA51213: Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Flash Player For Android 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Flash Player For Linux 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Flash Player For Linux 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Flash Player For Linux 220.127.116.11
- Adobe Flash Player For Windows and Macintosh 11.4.402.265
- Adobe Flash Player For Windows and Macintosh 11.4.402.278
- Adobe Flash Player For Windows and Macintosh 11.4.402.287
- Google Chrome 22
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Desktop Supplementary 6
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Server Supplementary 6
- RedHat Enterprise Linux Workstation Supplementary 6
- RedHat RHEL Desktop Supplementary 5 Client
- RedHat RHEL Supplementary 5 Server
Nov 06, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.