OpenStack Glance security bypass
|openstack-glance-sec-bypass (79895)||Medium Risk|
OpenStack Glance could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the failure to properly check the registry permissions prior to deleting image files by the backend storage repository. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to delete image files.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the OpenStack GIT Repository. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- OpenStack GIT Repository: Glance.
- Ubuntu Bug #1065187: Non-admin users can cause public glance images to be deleted from the backend storage repository .
- BID-56437: OpenStack Glance CVE-2012-4573 Arbitrary File Deletion Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4573: The v1 API in OpenStack Glance Grizzly, Folsom (2012.2), and Essex (2012.1) allows remote authenticated users to delete arbitrary non-protected images via an image deletion request, a different vulnerability than CVE-2012-5482.
- OSVDB ID: 87248: OpenStack Backend Storage Repository Registery Permission Verification Arbitrary Virtual Image Deletion
- SA51174: OpenStack Glance Backend Storage Repository Virtual Image Deletion Vulnerability
- OpenStack Glance 2012.1
- OpenStack Glance 2012.2
Oct 10, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.