Xen domain_pirq_to_emuirq() denial of service
|xen-domainpirqtoemuirq-dos (80023)||Medium Risk|
Xen is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an out-of-bounds read error in the domain_pirq_to_emuirq() function. A local attacker on a guest operating system could exploit this vulnerability to cause the system to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to Xen Security Advisory 21 (CVE-2012-4536) for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- CTX135458: Citrix XenServer Multiple Security Updates .
- Xen Security Advisory 21 (CVE-2012-4536): pirq range check DoS vulnerability.
- BID-56498: Xen Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-4536: The (1) domain_pirq_to_emuirq and (2) physdev_unmap_pirq functions in Xen 2.2 allows local guest OS administrators to cause a denial of service (Xen crash) via a crafted pirq value that triggers an out-of-bounds read.
- SA51200: Xen Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- SA51214: Citrix XenServer Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Citrix XenServer 5.0
- Citrix XenServer 5.5
- Citrix XenServer 5.6
- Citrix XenServer 6.0
- Citrix XenServer 6.1
- XenSource Xen 3.0
- XenSource Xen 4.1
- XenSource Xen 4.1.1
- XenSource Xen 4.1.2
Nov 13, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.