IBM WebSphere Datapower XC10 administrative function access denial of service
|websphere-datapower-admin-dos (80063)||High Risk|
IBM WebSphere Datapower XC10 is vulnerable to a denial of service. An unprotected interface exists in the WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance. This could allow an unauthorized user to stop WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance server processes without authentication.
Denial of Service
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1615783 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM APAR PM68296: Impersonation vulnerability exists for WebSphere DataPower XC10 appliance collective members.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1615783: Potential security exposures with IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance (CVE-2012-5758, CVE-2012-5759, CVE 2012-5756).
- CVE-2012-5759: The IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52 allows remote authenticated users to bypass intended administrative-role requirements and perform arbitrary JMX operations via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 87620: IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Admin Operation JMX Handling Remote Command Execution
- SA51319: IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Denial of Service and Security Bypass
- IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance 2.0
- IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance 2.1
Nov 20, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.