Samsung Kies Air GET denial of service
|kies-air-get-dos (80091)||Medium Risk|
Samsung Kies Air is vulnerable to a denial of service. By sending a specially-crafted GET request, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Kies Air (2.2.211081or later), available from the Samsung Kies Web site. See References.
- Packetstorm Security Website: Kies Air Denial Of Service / Authorization Bypass.
- Samsung Kies Web Site: Samsung Kies.
- BID-56560: Samsung Kies Air Denial of Service and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5858: Samsung Kies Air 2.1.207051 and 2.1.210161 relies on the IP address for authentication, which allows remote man-in-the-middle attackers to read arbitrary phone contents by spoofing or controlling the IP address.
- Samsung Kies 2.1.207051
- Samsung Kies 2.1.210161
Nov 16, 2012
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.