Front End User Registration extension for TYPO3 multiple information disclsoure
|typo3-frontenduser-multiple-info-disclosure (80145)||Low Risk|
Front End User Registration extension for TYPO3 could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by the transmittal of user credentials in plaintext on utilization of edit perspective and autologin feature. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using man-in-middle attacks to obtain authentication credentials and gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable application.
Refer to TYPO3-EXT-SA-2012-002 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Front End User Registration Web Site: Front End User Registration - /trunk/ChangeLog - TYPO3 Forge.
- Front End User Registration Web Site: Front End User Registration - Revision 58720 - TYPO3 Forge.
- TYPO3 Web Site: TYPO3.
- TYPO3-EXT-SA-2012-002: Information disclosure vulnerabilities in extension "Front End User Registration" (sr_feuser_register).
- CVE-2012-5890: The Front End User Registration (sr_feuser_register) extension before 2.6.2 for TYPO3 allows remote attackers to obtain user names and passwords via the (1) edit perspective or (2) autologin feature.
- TYPO3 Front End User Registration extension for TYPO3 2.6.1
- TYPO3 TYPO3
Feb 23, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.