Multiple Sinapsi devices command execution
|sinapsi-ping-command-exec (80202)||High Risk|
Multiple Sinapsi devices could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by the improper validation of input by the ping.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the ping parameter to inject and execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version (2.0.2870_2.2.12 or later), available from the Sinapsi Web site. See References.
- ICSA-12-325-01: SINAPSI DEVICES MULTIPLE VULNERABILITIES.
- Sinapsi Web site: eSolar Light, eSolar, and eSolar DUO.
- BID-55872: SINAPSI eSolar Light Photovoltaic System Monitor Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5863: ping.php on the Sinapsi eSolar Light Photovoltaic System Monitor (aka Schneider Electric Ezylog photovoltaic SCADA management server), Sinapsi eSolar, and Sinapsi eSolar DUO with firmware before 2.0.2870_2.2.12 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the ip_dominio parameter.
- SA51364: Sinapsi eSolar Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Sinapsi eSolar 2.0
- Sinapsi eSolar DUO 2.0
- Sinapsi eSolar Light 2.0
Nov 20, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.