Multiple Sinapsi devices security bypass
|sinapsi-sec-bypass (80203)||Medium Risk|
Multiple Sinapsi devices could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the failure to restrict access to certain pages. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain unauthorized administrative access to the device.
Upgrade to the latest version (2.0.2870_2.2.12 or later), available from the Sinapsi Web site. See References.
- ICSA-12-325-01: SINAPSI DEVICES MULTIPLE VULNERABILITIES.
- Sinapsi Web site: eSolar Light, eSolar, and eSolar DUO.
- BID-55872: SINAPSI eSolar Light Photovoltaic System Monitor Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5864: The management web pages on the Sinapsi eSolar Light Photovoltaic System Monitor (aka Schneider Electric Ezylog photovoltaic SCADA management server), Sinapsi eSolar, and Sinapsi eSolar DUO with firmware before 2.0.2870_2.2.12 do not require authentication, which allows remote attackers to obtain administrative access via a direct request, as demonstrated by a request to ping.php.
- SA51364: Sinapsi eSolar Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Sinapsi eSolar 2.0
- Sinapsi eSolar DUO 2.0
- Sinapsi eSolar Light 2.0
Nov 20, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.