Google Chrome Skia code execution
|chrome-skia-code-execution (80292)||High Risk|
Google Chrome could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error within Skia. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to trigger an out-of-bounds read to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Google Chrome (23.0.1271.91 or later), available from the Google Chrome Releases Web site. See References.
- Google Chrome Releases Web site: Stable Channel Update .
- BID-56684: Google Chrome Prior to 23.0.1271.91 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5130: Skia, as used in Google Chrome before 23.0.1271.91, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 87888: Google Chrome Skia Unspecified Out-of-bounds Read DoS
- SA51437: Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Google Chrome 21
- Google Chrome 22
- Google Chrome 23
Nov 26, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this