IBM SPSS Modeler XML external entity unauthorized access
|spss-xml-access (80316)||Medium Risk|
IBM SPSS Modeler could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to local SPSS Modeler resources, caused by improper handling of certain XML external entities. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted XML file, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information or cause a denial of service.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1620758 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1620758: IBM SPSS Modeler - XML (CVE-2012-5769).
- BID-57075: IBM SPSS Modeler CVE-2012-5769 XML Parsing Unspecified Security Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5769: IBM SPSS Modeler 14.0, 14.1, 14.2 through FP3, and 15.0 before FP2 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files, and possibly send HTTP requests to intranet servers or cause a denial of service (CPU and memory consumption), via an XML external entity declaration in conjunction with an entity reference.
- OSVDB ID: 88845: IBM SPSS XML Document Handling Unspecified Information Disclosure
- SA51715: IBM SPSS Modeler XML Document Parsing Vulnerability
- IBM SPSS Modeler 14.0
- IBM SPSS Modeler 14.1
- IBM SPSS Modeler 14.2
- IBM SPSS Modeler 15.0
Dec 28, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.