rssh command line command execution
|rssh-command-line-command-exec (80335)||High Risk|
rssh could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by an error when validating the "--rsh" command line option. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary commands on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of rssh (2.3.4 or later), available from the rssh Web site. See References.
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 880177: CVE-2012-2252 rssh: incorrect filtering of rsync --rsh command line option.
- rssh Web site: rssh - restricted shell for scp/sftp.
- BID-56708: rssh Command Line Filtering Multiple Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2252: Incomplete blacklist vulnerability in rssh before 2.3.4, when the rsync protocol is enabled, allows local users to bypass intended restricted shell access via the --rsh command line option.
- DSA-2578: rssh -- insufficient filtering of rsync command line
- OSVDB ID: 87926: rssh --rsh Command Line Option Local Command Filter Bypass
- SA51343: rssh Commands Filter Security Bypass Vulnerability
- rssh rssh 2.3.3
Nov 28, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this