Microsoft Site Server LDAP_Anonymous default account and password
|siteserver-ldap-anonymous-account (8048)||Medium Risk|
By default, Microsoft Site Server version 3.0 prior to SP4 running on Windows NT 4.0 creates a user account with a known password. The "LDAP_Anonymous" user account allows limited local login privileges and uses the known password "LdapPassword_1".
Apply the latest Site Server Service Pack (SP4 or later), as listed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q248840. See References.
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 248840: Possible Security Problem in LDAP_ANONYMOUS Account.
- rain forest puppy advisory RFP2201: MS Site Server Evilness.
- BID-3998: Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Default Account Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1769: Microsoft Site Server 3.0 prior to SP4 installs a default user, LDAP_Anonymous, with a default password of LdapPassword_1, which allows remote attackers the Log on locally privilege.
- OSVDB ID: 17669: Microsoft Site Server cphost.dll Arbitrary Code Execution
- OSVDB ID: 831: Microsoft Site Server LDAP_Anonymous Account Default Password
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0
- Microsoft Site Server Commerce 3.0
Jan 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this