Xen get_page_from_gfn() denial of service
|xen-getpagefromgfn-dos (80480)||Medium Risk|
Xen is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the failure to validate its input GFN by the get_page_from_gfn() function. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unknown attack vectors to reference memory outside of the frame table to cause the hypervisor to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to Xen Security Advisory 32 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Xen Security Advisory 32: several hypercalls do not validate input GFNs.
- BID-56805: Xen 'get_page_from_gfn()' Function Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5525: The get_page_from_gfn hypercall function in Xen 4.2 allows local PV guest OS administrators to cause a denial of service (crash) via a crafted GFN that triggers a buffer over-read.
- OSVDB ID: 88133: Xen get_page_from_gfn() Function GFN Input Handling Frame Table Out-of-bounds Read Local Privilege Escalation
- SA51397: Xen Multiple Vulnerabilities
- XenSource Xen 3.0
- XenSource Xen 4.1
- XenSource Xen 4.1.1
- XenSource Xen 4.1.2
Dec 03, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this