IBM SPSS SamplePower Vsflex8l ActiveX control buffer overflow
|spss-samplepower-vsflex81-bo (80561)||High Risk|
IBM SPSS SamplePower is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the Vsflex8l ActiveX control. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1635515 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1635515: IBM SPSS SamplePower vsflex7l ActiveX control vulnerability (CVE-2012-5947).
- ZDI-13-099: IBM SPSS SamplePower Vsflex8l.ocx ActiveX ComboList/ColComboList Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-59557: IBM SPSS SamplePower 'Vsflex8l' ActiveX Control CVE-2012-5945 Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5945: Multiple buffer overflows in the Vsflex8l ActiveX control in IBM SPSS SamplePower 3.0 before FP1 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long (1) ComboList or (2) ColComboList property value.
- SA53234: IBM SPSS SamplePower ActiveX Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM SPSS SamplePower 3.0
Apr 26, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.