tac_plus creates insecure accounting files
|tacplus-insecure-accounting-files (8061)||Medium Risk|
TACACS+, or tac_plus creates files specified by the 'account file=' directive with world-writable permissions. This could allow a local attacker to modify or delete files created with the 'account file=' directive.
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Feb 01 2002 - 05:00:41 CST: Re: tac_plus version F4.0.4.alpha on at least Solaris 8 sparc.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 31 2002 - 11:53:57 CST: Re: tac_plus version F4.0.4.alpha on at least Solaris 8 sparc.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jan 31 2002 - 13:01:00 CST: Re: tac_plus version F4.0.4.alpha on at least Solaris 8 sparc.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jan 30 2002 - 17:42:03 CST: tac_plus version F4.0.4.alpha on at least Solaris 8 sparc.
- TACACS+ Web site: TACACS+.
- BID-4003: Cisco Tac_Plus Accounting Directive Insecure File Creation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0225: tac_plus Tacacs+ daemon F4.0.4.alpha, originally maintained by Cisco, creates files from the accounting directive with world-readable and writable permissions, which allows local users to access and modify sensitive files.
- OSVDB ID: 8848: tac_plus Tacacs+ Daemon Arbitrary File Modification
- Cisco TACACS+ F4.0.4alpha
Jan 30, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this