MRTG CGI "cfg=" argument "dot dot" directory traversal
|mrtg-cgi-view-files (8062)||Medium Risk|
Multi Router Traffic Grapher (MRTG) could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to either the mrtg.cgi, traffic.cgi, 14all-1.1.cgi, or 14all.cgi script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the argument to the 'cfg=' parameter to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the Web server.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2002-02-02 1:47:29: MRTG CGI script "show files" Vulnerability.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Feb 04 2002 - 05:05:47 CST: RE: new advisory.
- MRTG Web site: MRTG.
- BID-4017: MRTG CGI Arbitrary File Display Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0232: Directory traversal vulnerability in Multi Router Traffic Grapher (MRTG) allows remote attackers to read portions of arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the cfg parameter for (1) 14all.cgi, (2) 14all-1.1.cgi, (3) traffic.cgi, or (4) mrtg.cgi.
- OSVDB ID: 4083: MRTG traffic.cgi Arbitrary Files Access
- OSVDB ID: 4084: MRTG 14all-1.1.cgi Arbitrary Files Access
- OSVDB ID: 4085: MRTG 14all.cgi Arbitrary Files Access
- OSVDB ID: 823: MRTG mrtg.cgi cfg Parameter Traversal Arbitrary Files Access
- MRTG MRTG 2.9.17
Feb 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this