kicq Telnet connection denial of service
|kicq-telnet-dos (8064)||Medium Risk|
kicq is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker establishes a Telnet connection to the port kicq is listening on, and sends some random data, the attacker can cause the kicq client to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Feb 01 2002 - 16:10:14 CST: KICQ 2.0.0b1 can be remotely crashed.
- SourceForge.net: Project: kicq.
- BID-4018: kicq 2.0.0b1 Invalid ICQ Packet Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0227: KICQ 2.0.0b1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a malformed message.
- OSVDB ID: 8852: KICQ Telnet Random Data DoS
- kicq kicq 2.0.0b1
Feb 01, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this